Monday 28 June 2010

Lunchtime update

I'm working at home today - really busy, which is great, I do a job that I love and work with some wonderful people, and, given the current economic climate it's a big bonus not only to have a job but to have a great one too.

Anyway, I'm just taking a few minutes at lunchtime to do an update - I'm always a bit paranoid about working at home and feel that I always have to show that I'm working, so I'm doubly active - going so far as to take my work mobile to the loo with me so that I'm always contactable.

I'm going through a bit of a prizewinning drought at the moment as the stats at the bottom of the page show. Funny old thing this comping lark - sometimes it seems that you're winning all the time and at times like this you're tempted to knock it on the head and pack it all in.

I remember one particular month not so long ago when I won; a luxury New York holiday, a week in a log cabin in the Lake District, a years supply of wine (72 bottles) and numerous smaller prizes.

I've entered a further 201 competitions since my last update and notably the world cup entries have dried up now! As hard as I try not to be I am thoroughly miserable............my fantasy prize win to South Africa watching England win the world cup is in tatters. The recent glut of Sex and the City competitions are continuing - fingers crossed I would love to go back to New York.

good luck!

compingking

Prizes entered 972
Prizes won 1
Approx value £15

No comments:

Post a Comment