Wednesday 2 June 2010

Competition Time

I sometimes wonder how long I spend entering competitions - it used to be 2 hours on a Thursday night, completing all the comps from the mycomps online magazine (about 150 comps a week) plus another couple of hours doing all the entries from the Simplyprizes Magazine (about 350 comps a month).

On top of these I get a daily email from Coffeebreakwinner with about 6 to 15 comps in every week day. I also spend time chasing down entry forms from supermarkets and buying qualifying products.

All in all I probably spend about 7 hours per week or 30 hours per month entering competitions - given that on average I've won about £600 per month on prizes that makes my return at about £20 per hour, not so bad.

It has to be said though that this represents prizes won - if I were to sell everything the cash value would be much much less probably only about half of that!

So the point I'm trying to make in a roundabout way is that this is an amazing wonderful interesting hobby where you get a payback for the time you spend, but it is not the road to riches!


Prizes entered 197

Prizes won 0

Approx value 0


good luck!


compingking

No comments:

Post a Comment