Friday 4 June 2010

How many competitions to enter

I've thought often about how many competitions I should be entering in order to balance my personal life as well as show a decent return for my endeavours - let's be honest none of us wouldn't be doing this if we didn't win any prizes!

For me, my routine allows me to enter about 250 competitions a week garnering an average monthly return of some £600 of prizes. This is skewed very much by some big prizes e.g. 2 holidays with a value in excess of £10,000. I could enter more if I had the time, perhaps something I may do when I no longer work.

The advice though seems to be that it is necessary to enter 30 competitions a week in order to get a decent return - I just don't see that. Even for me and 250 competitions a week I go through what seem to be long periods without winning anything.

The return is by and large a result of statistics i.e. the more you enter the more you will win - the days of tiebreakers or skill based competitions are just about over - most entries are internet based or require you to buy some product or other.

Anyway, time for me to complete todays entries - I've got about 150 links to click from Mycomps and about 70 from Simply Prizes internet comps as well as todays Coffee Break Comps.

Prizes entered 229

Prizes won 0

Approx value 0


good luck!


compingking

No comments:

Post a Comment